Tuesday, June 10, 2008

You're my mate, and I will stand by you

JUNE 8TH | The Bluebird w/ Mates of State, Headlights | St. Louis, MO

It was nice to have a day in town to make sure we had everything packed that we need for the next couple weeks. Mike went out and bought two new trailer tires, thus securing the MVP of the day. Congrats, Mike. You better relish it, because you can only win once.

While Mike was buying tires, Kiley and I were chasing a house sparrow from the top floor of my apartment stairwell, through my apartment, and out my balcony doors. Here's a visual aid:


I guess now's as good a time as any to mention that I'm compiling a tour diary for Annie Z. at the Riverfront Times which I guess will be posted once we get back, so if it seems like any of these entries are brief or truncated, it's because I'm trying to avoid telling the same boring stories twice.

Moving on, the Mates of State/Headlights show was SO good. I could go on, but speaking of the RFT, I'll let Ryan Wasoba tell you about it.




Needless to say, we had a blast, and it was a real pleasure sharing the stage with such awesome and talented musicians. I'm really glad that they got such a good turnout, so we can keep bringing bands of their caliber back through town.

On a more personal note, seeing Kori & Jason perform together is kind of special for me, since Kiley and I really enjoy being able to perform together in our band. It's a little bit of an inspiration to see a married couple succeed as a band, and as a married couple. Kiley and I watched the Mates of State documentary Two of Us on our last tour, and it evoked the same feelings of inspiration, and in a way, reassurance. Sappiness and sentimentality aside, it made me realize that not very many people get to do this with their "mate", and a lot of people don't even have a "mate". So, I just wanted to take a second and let you all know, Right Said Fred has you covered.



Also, here's some photos and video of our set at The Beat Kitchen last Friday, courtesy of TooMuchRock.com.

And without further ado, I give you:

The Plaid O' The Day®:


and Seven Objects That Represent The Members Of Our Band:


Until tomorrow...

Cheers,
Steve | GAH

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

steve kozel, you are the only person i know who knows a right said fred song that ISN'T 'i'm too sexy.' good lord.

Justin Peterman said...

I just wanted to congratulate the band on the amazing show in St. Louis. I had never heard of your band until last week, but I must say, I was blown away! I honestly believe that you guys stole the show that night. Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing the band again in St. Louis soon!